Add to my selection | 24 views
New type of trap for monitoring banana weevil population
- Authors : Queiroz, J.S.; Fancelli, M.; Filho, M.A.C.; Ledo, C.A.S.; Sanches, C.G.
- Document type : Journal article
- Year of publication : 2017
- Journal title : African Journal of Agricultural Research
- Volume (number) : 12 (10)
- Pages : 764-770
- Peer-reviewed : No
- ISSN : 1991-637X
- Language(s) : English
- Abstract : The objective of this study was to test the efficiency of a new model of trap by comparing it with the most recommended and used traps by producers to monitor Cosmopolites sordidus in areas of production of plantains. Three types of vegetable traps were tested: cheese, modified roof tile and a new trap called wedge. The experiment was carried out in five areas of production, measuring one hectare each, in which 20 traps of each type were distributed, totaling 300 traps. The traps were distributed fortnightly and the collections held weekly. The data of monthly averages of insects captured by trap were subjected to the F test for variance analysis in a randomized block design. The averages of the treatments were compared by the Tukey test at 5% probability. The average of C. sordidus adults caught in the wedge trap was superior to other traps tested, indicating greater attractiveness to insects. In this way, the use of this trap for monitoring banana weevil in plantations of plantains in the southern region of Bahia is recommended.
Key words: Musa spp., plantain, Cosmopolites sordidus, pest management.
- Keywords :
- Open access : Yes
- Document on publisher's site : View article on publisher's site
- Musalit document ID : IN170161
If you want to link this record, use this url : www.musalit.org/seeMore.php?id=16842