Several searchable fields
You can display bibliographic records on-line, searching by author, word from title or abstract, keyword, country, subject category, publisher, date of publication or serial title, words of meetings.
- The results are displayed in full if the retrieved records are less than 20.
- Between 20 and 500 retrieved records, several pages are proposed and you can choose the results to be displayed.
- If there are more than 500 results, you have to refine your search by making a multicriteria search. For example you can combine your search with a specific date.
-If your query contains several criteria, the terms will be combined with the 'AND' operator
In the fields 'author' and 'keyword' you can search for multiple terms using the symbols: '/' for OR : durand/dupond will find the records containing at least one of these terms or both '+' for AND : durand+dupond will find the records containing both terms
Use of index
In most fields a search term can be selected from either a scroll down list or an index:
- Choose the first letter of the term you are searching for.
- Choose the right term in the list. The number of retrieved record is displayed in brackets ( ).
--> If the number of retrieved records is less than 500, you have the possibility to click directly on the term to display the results.
--> If the number of retrieved records is more than 500, you have to go back to the form to enter the term in the right field and to refine your search.
Use either lowercase or uppercase
Use the accent as it is
To search Fouré : use fouré and not foure. Or use the %' as a joker character : four% or t%omas
A word is automatically truncated right
Patho will find pathology, pathological, pathologist, pathogen, pathogens, pathogenesis, …
In the 'title' and 'abstract' fields
When several words are typed, they will be treated as a string of characters (including space, comma, …).